Friday, February 21, 2014

April 2013

This was a first for the Peterson ladies...ALL of the Peterson ladies.  I had never shot a gun before, and my six and 9 year olds both had their first experiences the same day I did.  It was a little intimidating, but I wish I had a picture of myself shooting and my target.  I was pretty proud of myself, and I was a decent shot.  Much better with a hand gun than the rifle.  I think it was good to expose the girls in this atmosphere.  Uncle Chris is a patient teacher, and Mom was learning with them.

DANG!  That little gun is LOUD and has A LOT of kick!  I shot through a couple of clips, but T was done after exactly one shot.  

Another first for us in tinikling.  You've never heard of tinikling?  Seriously?  Oh, well, nobody else had either.  It is actually a traditional dance from the Phillippines.  It was fun to watch, and really good exercise.  T was super excited to be selected for the team and got to perform at the Wellness Summit and in conjunction with the choir concert (that was an interesting costume change...).






It was a fun spring concert, and she loved her first year in choir!

0 comments: