Sunday, August 23, 2009

Night Owl

Liz is a night owl. There are no two ways about it. The child is also an incredible procrastinator. Going to bed has become quite a task for her. The routine has always been enough before, but now...

Wednesday night--before she made it around the corner to see Tom and I sitting on the couch I said "Liz--what do you need."
"I need to tell you something."
"What?"
"Mom--no drinks on the new carpet."
"Thanks...now go to bed. Mommy will take my cup to the table. Good night."
"Good night." (all smiles, and up to bed)

Thursday night--"Liz--if you get out of bed, Mommy will take away your sleeping mask."
"Ok Mommy."
an hour or so later
"Liz--why are you out of bed?"
"I missed you."
"Ok, give me your sleeping mask."
"Ok, here." She brought it down with her, knowing the consequences. Snot! She starts to walk away.
"Eliza--if you come downstairs again, Mommy will take away your lion."
"Ok Mommy, but guess what...I won't even be sad if you take my sleeping mask and my lion."
ARGGGGHHHHH!

Friday night--we were out in a date, and she terrorized her poor auntie. Thanks for putting up with her Nini.

The saga continues...wish me luck tonight.

1 comments:

Jill said...

She and Kate should NEVER get together--they would provide each other with too many ideas!