Monday, August 9, 2010

Breckenridge

We got to tag along with Daddy when he went to a work conference up in Breckenridge. We had a blast. Unfortunately for Daddy, he missed most of the fun. Since we didn't really take any big vacations, this was our family trip this summer.
Mom's poor packing meant all the kids got a souvenir sweatshirt!
They LOVED the gondolas...and they were free, so we rode them a lot!
We got to mini golf. I paid for T and Liz to play, but I figured O wouldn't pay attention anyway, so I didn't get him a club. WRONG! The boy was much more interested in the game than Liz. Looking back, I probably should have known that, but ya know.
They SHOCKED both Tom and I by sleeping soundly in the same bed, in the same room. That round of golf must have been more strenuous than I thought...or maybe it was the evening swim...
More gondolas, but same thrill!
This time when we got to the top of the gondolas we decided to pan for gems. The kids were thrilled to hear that they got to keep the "jewels" that they found. Owen found a "Percy Rock" because anything that is green must be somehow related to Percy (the train, of course, don't you know your Thomas??). The lady behind us in line kept chuckling when Owen would tell me about his "Percy Rock" because of the lack or R in Percy...ya, kinda sounds bad. I kept LOUDLY repeating "Yes, that is a cool PERCY rock" so that nobody would misunderstand what I was teaching my children. Finally the lady said "My son always used to say the same thing." It made me feel a little better.
There were lots of places to take great pictures. Unfortunately for me, I can identify those great locations, I just don't have the patient kids, or the camera ability to get those great shots. That's ok, at least I tried. Right?

Thanks for letting us join you, Dad, even if you didn't get to play very much.

1 comments:

Mandi said...

That looks SO fun! I'm glad you guys got to get away.