Thursday, August 25, 2011

First Day of School!

I have already sent two of my three off on their "first day" of school adventures. The crazy thing is, I still have one more first day to go! I can't believe that all three of my kids will be in school this year. Even more unreal is that I have to do the first day thing three different times. :)
Tori was the first to go, and she was so ready! After Lily promised to show her where she needed to line up she was pretty much fearless. Second grade is already looking VERY promising. She is growing up so fast and amazes me every time I turn around. This week she has decided that she is old enough to pack her own lunches. YAY for me! She makes her own sandwich and everything. Then she will tell me when it is done so I can check it and leave her a note to find at lunch time. LOVE IT! She is gonna let me hang on to some little things!
The same day that T started Miss Liz had her kindie interview. She insisted on getting all dressed up. She knocked it out of the park...at least that's what I heard. I wasn't allowed in with her, but she was feeling pretty confident afterward.

Finally on Wednesday Liz got her first day! See is so excited to be in kindergarten! I am thrilled at how she got over her fear! She was so nervous, but after a blessing from Daddy she said she wasn't scared anymore, but she was just a "teeny bit nervous." I love that kid, and she LOVES school.

**UPDATE** Day two of kindergarten started out with tears. Not sobbing, just silent tears. I'm not sure why she was upset, but I got a call from the teacher at recess and she was fine. Her tender little heart! I am so proud of her for going in and making the most of it despite the nerves!

Now, if I can just get my little man ready for his class so he doesn't make his poor teacher/mother COMPLETELY crazy!


1 comments:

Erika said...

They are so beautiful, I love their first day of school outfits too!