Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stock Show


Every year Papa takes all of the grandkids that are here to the stock show. I think he likes to show the city kids a little something about farm life. Anyway--the kids LOVE it! When we told the girls that we were going, they couldn't stop talking about the petting zoo. They were so excited to pet and feed the animals...until we got there. Then Lizzie reacted like this...


When she panicked I did what any good mother would. I turned my camera to video mode and got a short clip for posterity. I only wish it was a longer clip!




Tori was pretty nervous with the animals too, but she warmed up eventually. The day was a success. The kids had a blast, got free camo trucker hats (yay...), and most importantly some cotton candy from Papa. Doesn't get much better than Nana, Papa, cousins, and SUGAR!






4 comments:

Christina said...

I took Grey yesterday and it was fun--except I wandered around EVERYWHERE and could never find the petting zoo. You guys look like you had way more fun! I kept asking people and they were no help at all!!!

Mandi said...

Oh, we were SO sad that we weren't with you guys. Marlee would have LOVED it. Oh well... maybe next year. We love you guys. Cute pics.

kim said...

You are such a sensitive mom:) So cute!

kim cherry said...

i love the first pic of all of them lined up. so cute! and camo trucker hats??? that HAD to be the highlight of the stock show! :)