Sunday, July 19, 2009

Girls Camp

I SURVIVED! Eleven years of girls camps...wow! It was a great week. I think that overall things went well. Other than the sneaky appearance of "Camp Jenn" and the lack of sleep, we had a really great time. A big shout out to Cami for putting up with me all day and all night for 3 1/2 days! That is a truly impressive feat!


PRECAMP--JC Sleepover on Friday night...so fun! We were thrilled to finally see what we had been working for...the JC spirit of camp/fun! These girls really pulled it out, even if I was super tired when I finally went home.

Day 1--Departure time 5:40 AM...SO TIRED! We got the JC's up there, got set up, and prepared for the rest of the girls.


Day 2--By far the hardest day for me! I ended up in charge of planning and executing the hikes at the last minutes which was super stressful. I am so thankful for the people that helped out in my last minute panic! I think that overall they went well. I know that the poor little second years struggled, but they had some really great experiences. I think that many people on that hike came back with stronger testimonies, friendships, and with a greater understanding of how much they can really do if they are pushed. Certification was next, which was also my baby...is anybody surprised that this was the day that "Camp Jenn" made a brief, but potent appearance? It was a little choppy, but they were able to certify all the things that I had planned. The skits that night were really great! So many creative girls and leaders...plus, the stake skit was hilarious, at least to us!


Day 3--GAMES! The games were well planned, well executed, and super fun! I ended up with some hilarious stories, and only one opportunity to clean up puke! Then more certification...a little better on the second day! We got to end this day on a great spiritual high! The men came up to cook the girls' dinner. Then we had a short awards ceremony and devotional and split into wards for testimonies.


Day 4--HOME! We had another great devotional, yearbook signing party, etc. I got home around 2:00 PM and I am still trying desperately to catch up on sleep!

It was a long week on all counts. I am so thankful that Grammy and Grampy could come and take care of my family while I was gone. Here is a litte look at their week...
The traditional Grammy shake picture.





2 comments:

Erika said...

I heard only amazing things about girls' camp! You are a wonderful leader thank you for taking so much time and care for our youth!

Mandi said...

Glad it is over...for your sake. Now you can finally quit stressin', and I might actually get my sisters back! Since I was totally "camp neglected" last time I was home, lol.