Sunday, December 13, 2009

Catching up

I am trying to catch up. A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks, and I have been stressed, to say the least. We were in SLC for Thanksgiving, which was great. We loved spending time with Tom's family.
While we were there a friend passed away from a brain tumor. It wasn't a shock, but it was still really hard on me. She left behind three very sweet little girls. She was 34 years old.
Upon arriving home late Monday night, we threw the kids in bed and I checked the voice mail. Never a good thing when the bishop wants to meet with you the day you get home. Well, less than 24 hours after arriving home, and about 36 hours before I was to play a good size role in a funeral, I was called to be the ward primary president. YIKES! Slightly overwhelming. (Oh, and PS, you need to call everyone and have primary fully staffed within the next week so that you can do the teacher orientation/training meeting one week after being set apart.)
Well, after rearranging preschool and receiving babysitting/preschool help from several wonderful people I attended the funeral for Jennifer. It was a little harder than I expected, but thanks to all the help we made it through.
Last Sunday I was sustained, and also came down with strep throat. ROCK ON! Well, today we had our first teacher training meeting. Short, and to the point, and most importantly OVER. Next week brings one Christmas Program/field trip, two preschool Christmas parties, one kindergarten "Winter Party" and a partridge in a pear tree.

1 comments:

Ruth said...

Congratulations on your new calling, you will be great.