Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Our Little Man!





Well, he is finally here! We got to the hospital just before 7 AM and they didn't do anything until about 10:00. Needless to say, I was pretty annoyed. They broke my water then not much happened, so we started the pitocin about an hour and a half later. I was feeling great and making it through all the contractions pretty easily. At about 1:20PM (during transition, of course) I decided I better go ahead with the epidural. Too bad for me I went from 8 cm to 10cm AND PUSHING in about 10 minutes. NO DRUGS! AAAAAAAAAA! I wanted drugs so bad. After lots of tears, screaming, and thinking I might die, my little man made his entrance. At 1:50PM Owen Thomas Peterson was born! He was our biggest so far--7 lbs 11 oz, 20 1/4 inches. We struggled with the name even after he got here, but both of us really felt like that was the right name for our little guy. I think he looks like his sister, but I want to know what everyone else thinks. Do you think there is family resemblance, and with whom? Here are some pics (we will get more when they finally give him back to us) to start your deliberations.

9 comments:

Mandi said...

I LOVE HIM I LOVE HIM I LOVE HIM! I can NOT wait to meet him and squeeze him! It is gonna be so awesome to bless these munchkins together!

Angie said...

He is BEAUTIFUL!! And yes, boys can be beautiful. I am so sad that I didn't get to meet him today. :( At least I will get to meet him before Mandi! ;) We love you guys!

Krissy said...

Wow, he is beautiful!! No conehead and a great complexion...I'm impressed!

Christina said...

Wow no drugs! What a woman!!! Congrats. He is amazing! Hope you are feeling well.

tarramesue said...

Aaaawwww... how cute!
Congratulations and I can't wait to meet him for real. Here's to a speedy recovery for you.

Mandi said...

First of all..>RUDE ANGIE! Its not my fault I live i freakin' BFE! Second...ANOTHER new layout? Are you sure you don't have ADD? I like it.

Angie said...

I love you too, MANDI. I have to agree on the new layout, though. It's nice, easier to read than the other one. But don't you have anything better to do today?? ;)

This Girl said...

First of all, he is absolutely beautiful! Second, you're blogging?! Congratulations, I'm very excited for you guys.

SnellieFam said...

He is so darling! The tears are streaming because I can't be there holding him. I am so excited to have another nephew (finally)! Oh Jenn, he's just beautiful!