Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to ME!






Well, let me just say that I am sitting in my bed, blogging, and ignoring my children! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ME! I adore my kiddos, but I appreciate the break my husband is giving me! My three beautiful angels and my wonderful husband brought me themed presents this morning in bed as the prelude to an amazing breakfast. I received gifts to symbolize some of my jobs as Mom. There was a "feeding" gift, a "cleaning" gift, an "entertaining" gift, and a "teaching" gift. My thoughtful husband got things that not only fit each category but were things that I was really needing/wanting. I am so impressed with how much effort was put into this event (especially considering that the preparation for breakfast was about 2 hours, and I still ate at 7:30 AM). To top it all off, my Lizzie had used the potty twice before 9:30--WOW I am so blessed. Now I am anxious to go to church and have Tori sing to me for the first time! She is finally a sunbeam, so I will sit on my bench and tear up while the primary children sing a song that we all know the words to, but it sounds new and sweet every time! I love being a mom!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

OH!!! That so made me tear up. And just so you know, I am gonna make Collin read this to see how sweet Tom is! lol What a good hubby. Way to go Tom Tom.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous little family you have there! Tom is a great guy! Can't wait to finally meet little Owen!!!

Stevenson's said...

Hey ol roomie! I am sitting here reading your blog and trying to figure out what the presents were. Please tell! Your family is precious. Hope your enjoying Mandi in town! miss u all