Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference Sunday

Ok, so General Conference used to be a day to sleep in, have brunch, lounge around, etc. When you have kids, all of that changes, and General Conference Sunday becomes a day to attempt to be spiritually fed while little people whine, scream, annoy, and throw tantrums. YAY! Well, today we went to my parents house (praying for our kids to act somewhat civilized) and were pleasantly surprised. Owen slept through the first session, and Lizzie slept through the second. The best part of the day was the alone time that the kids had with Nana and Papa. They each took a turn holding Owen for quite a while and loving on him. Papa made "surprise plates" which he used to make for my sisters and I every Sunday. I can't believe that I didn't have my camera to catch it. Surprise plates were usually food made to look like a smiley face! SO CUTE! The girls absolutely loved it. Then Nana took Lizzie and Tori into the yard and blew bubbles for them. Owen LOVED watching them float in and out of view! (Once again, how could I NOT have my camera! ARGH!) Anyway--thanks so much Mom and Dad for making it a wonderful Sunday, and for taking the opportunity to make some very special memories with my little ones!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

ooooooohhhhh, I am SO jealous you guys got surprise plates!

Christina said...

How funny you are in their scrap exchange! I have been invited to that before. :) I met them randomly at an Archiver's scrap mania and we've been friends since then. So funny! We will have to get together and scrap all together soon...