Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Time flies by

I can't believe that my prince is six months old today! The time has gone by so quickly and he has just fit so perfectly into our family. He is my chunkiest baby yet, so I was so excited to see how the man weighed in... 25% for height, somewhere in the 25-40% for weight (quite disappointing) and 75% for head. HELLO! Keep in mind that I felt ever single millimeter of the head. How is it that I have one baby with a big head, and that is the one when I didn't get drugs to deliver?!? Anyway--I always talk about Owen being a "screamer" or "cranky" or a "fussy baby" but he is also my little man. He is SO handsome, and he and I have some very special moments that I treasure. Some fun things to remember from the last six months:


--during his first week or two of life I had to set an alarm to wake him up to get him to eat...not characteristic of my kiddos


--he had reflux that made him cranky and is (thankfully) already over it


--the "witching hour" from 7-9 PM like clock work, he was always screaming


--when he was only a couple of months old he would wake up in the middle of the night, eat, then smile and want to play--never scream and cry





--he took about three bottles EVER--he hates them unless they are used as a toy, not a food source





--he never got "tummy time", so in June when we finally decided that we better try to give him some he rolled right away--we were shocked





--his first smiles and coos were just for Mama--when his sisters went to bed, he and I would sit and have our chats, and those will forever be precious memories


--he ATTACKS his food whenever we give him baby food/cereal. It is hilarious to watch the kid eat


Though there have been some hard days, and some frustrating times, he is my angel, my prince, my love, my Owen!


I love you little man! You make me so happy!


3 comments:

Angie said...

He gets cuter every day! I can't believe how big he is getting! What a honey.

Leah said...

He is super adorable! I want to let you know that you guys bring us hope that after having two girls there can be a chance of having a boy next (some day in the far future when we decide to have another)! =)

Mandi said...

Oh...that was so sweet....almost brought a tear to my eye. I just posted Kenna's stats...maybe I should have done something a little more heart-felt...lol.