Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bird Catching

Yes, we have moved on. Tori is no longer content to watch and identify birds, now she wants to catch them! A few days ago we had Lily over to play (mainly to keep mommy sane) and the warm weather held so much promise. The girls were outside the entire time!


Lil and Tor decided that they wanted to catch a bird, so they tore up pieces of bread and put them in a cage-type thing and hung it from a tree branch. They waited patiently "hiding" behind this tree (I am sure that they couldn't be spotted).


When I went out in the middle of the hunt and told them something, I got some nasty faces, and I was informed that you "can't talk while you're catching a bird." Good to know.


At least the squirrel had a nice lunch (which TOTALLY ticked Tor off!).

2 comments:

Angie said...

So freakin' funny! They were totally cracking me up. TROUBLE, that's what those two are! ;) Thanks for having her over. You'll think twice next time, won't you?

The Hoyt's said...

This is too funny and really great! Sorry they were dissappointed but I sill think it's really cool that the squirrel got some lunch.