Friday, July 18, 2008

Your backyard friends...

THE BACKYARDIGANS!! Lizzie chose a Backyardigans themed party this year. The bright colors made it pretty easy as far as decorations and party bags went, but I struggled a little bit with the cake. I finally found some ideas online and ended up making a "Pablo" (a blue penguin for those who aren't fans) cake and "Tasha" (a yellow hippo) cupcakes. They turned out ok. Actually--I was pretty proud of Pablo! The best part is how excited Liz was about them.




We went to Nana and Papa's house and set up outside. We played pin the bow tie on Pablo using masks without the eyes popped out (then we out the eyes and let them wear them). It was fun. Can you believe that all the kids are family?




Sophie, Brayden, Shane, Tori, Lizzie, Lily, Jace,
Jake, Marlee, and Hunter



The cake was messy, but fun! I didn't actually get to eat any, but I heard that it was pretty tasty too! Thanks everybody for helping us celebrate my princesses birthday!

The party continued at home when Liz insisted on entertaining "Broyer" with the balloons. Lucky for us, Owen didn't seem to mind. Thanks everybody for helping us celebrate my princesses birthday!

3 comments:

Krissy said...

The cake looked really good. I am impressed!!

kim said...

Wow Jen! you did a great job on the cake. looks like it was a fun birhtday!!

This Girl said...

Wow, that cake looks good! You have talent!