Thursday, September 4, 2008

Grandparents Day

Terrible pictures, but doesn't my mom look great?

Today was Grandparents' Day at preschool. Nana went to be with Tori, and apparently they had fun. I was asking Tori to tell me a little bit about what they did, and she told me that they asked Nana questions and they talked about stuff and then they sang songs.



Me: What songs did you sing?

Tori: We all picked a song to sing. Logan wanted to pick a train song to sing with his grandma, but he couldn't think of one.

Me: What song did you pick to sing with Nana?
Tori: "Fight and whine and cry."

**pause**



I quickly dialed my mom's cell phone--SURELY she didn't actually sing that song in preschool in front of other people. I am SURE that my mom would not do that! I was SURE wrong! Mom simply confirmed that Tori had indeed chosen the old family favorite to share and being the wonderful Nana that she is, she went along with it. Lovely--I will wait for her teacher to call now...



For those of you that are not aware of this little number, let me clue you in. My dad used to sing this to us when we were young and we were misbehaving. The lyrics are:


"Fight and whine and cry

fight and whine and cry

acting like a BRAT

throw yourself upon the floor

and make your face go SPLAT"


Yeah--nice...



4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I had to laugh out loud when I pictured your Dad singing that to you guys:)

Angie said...

Ahh...it brings back such memories...

Adventures In The Land Of Hahl said...

ha ha ha!!! i laughed so hard i almost wet my pants!! that is so hysterical! out of the mouths of babes

kim said...

It was truly cute Jen. I loved it. We all laughed! Do not worry one bit about it. It was fun. Wish you had stayed.